What steps can my contacts take to ensure they receive our marketing emails?
Perhaps you have sent well-crafted marketing emails to send to your contacts, but some of your contacts haven't been receiving the emails. Here are some steps your contacts can take to have a better shot at receiving your marketing emails.
If a contact lets you know that they haven't been receiving your emails, or that they are showing up in the Spam folder, ask your contact to do the following:
- Add your from address to the address book in their email program. This will tell the inbox that it should expect to receive emails coming from that address.
- Ask that their IT/Email team whitelist your email sending domain. This will tell the email server that they should expect to receive emails from any from address containing your domain (i.e. yourwebsite.com)
- Open and click links in marketing emails they have received from you. This will help train the inbox to trust emails coming from your address and email sending domain.
- Move your marketing emails found in their spam/junk folder back to the inbox. This teaches the inbox where to place that mail in the future and is a major boost for your domain's sender reputation.
Asking recipients to white-list your email address
For example, you could add a message like the one below in the thank-you message they receive after signing up to receive emails from you. For people who are already on your list, consider adding a note about white-listing your address to the content of your email campaigns.
“Remember: if you want to ensure the our monthly newsletter always ends up in your inbox, add [Company Name] (firstname.lastname@example.org) to your address book or safe sender list.”
How to add a sender to your contact list
Remember: if you want to ensure the our monthly newsletter always ends up in your Gmail inbox, add Company Name (email@example.com) to your contacts list. To do this,
- Open an email you received from [Company Name]
- Click the downward arrow to the right of Reply
- Select ‘Add [Company Name] to Contacts List’ from the menu that appears (if this menu doesn't appear, the sender is already in your contacts list)
Remember: if you want to ensure the our monthly newsletter always ends up in your Outlook inbox, add [Company Name] (firstname.lastname@example.org) to your Safe Senders list. To do this,
- Right Click on one of our emails
- Select Junk
- Select ‘Never Block Sender’
- Click ‘OK’
To add [Company Name] to your Outlook address book:
- Open one of our emails
- Right-click on the ‘From:’ email address
- Select ‘Add to contacts’
How to whitelist an email address in Gmail
- Log in to Gmail
- Click the gear icon at the top right of the page and choose "Settings"
- In the blue options bar near the top select "Filters and Blocked Addresses"
- Scroll to the bottom and click the blue "Create a new filter" link in the center of the page
- In the from category type "@yourdomain.com"
- Click "Create filter with this search" in the bottom right of the pop-up screen
- On the next screen, check the box that says "Never send it to spam"
- Click "Create filter"
Article is closed for comments.