The Sales Proposal feature helps sales reps know where prospects are at in the buying cycle once a proposal has been sent out. For companies with long sales cycles, they might not hear back from the prospect for weeks or months if the sales proposal is faxed over or sent via email attachment.
The Sales Proposal feature lets you know which deals are active or inactive, or if they're getting sent up the chain for approval, giving you insight as to where the deal is at. You can use this information to know when to reach out to prospects. Odds are that the same day they're looking at your proposal again is a great day to reach out and address any concerns that have cropped up since you last spoke.
To access, login to ActiveConversion. From the Sales menu, choose "Sales Proposals".
To add a new sales proposal:
- Click the "Add Proposal" button
- Click "Choose file" and select the proposal you'd like to share
- Add a "Name" to make it easier to remember which proposal this is (for internal use). A good name might include the prospect's business name, and what the proposal is for.
- Enter your sales persons' email so they get notified when someone downloads the proposal. If you'd like to add multiple people, separate the emails with a comma.
- Click "Save"
- Copy the link provided and paste it into your sales email to share the proposal with your prospect
When the prospect clicks the link, they'll be prompted to identify themselves by email address before viewing. If they forward the link to someone else in the company, that person will also need to share their email address to view. Once they've been identified by ActiveConversion, we remember who they are and won't ask them to enter their contact information again.
Each time someone views the sales proposal, your sales rep (or whomever was entered in the " Emails to notify when viewed:" section will get an alert letting them know who viewed the proposal.