ActiveConversion's Gmail extension automatically sends open, click, and lead information to your ActiveConversion account for selected emails when sent using Gmail in Google Chrome. You can then see what happens after the open or click to find what your prospects are really interested in, giving you insider information to help close more sales.
This is a great way to get more information about what existing clients or prospects are interested in, and increases the number of leads in ActiveConversion that have personal contact information associated with them.
What does the Gmail chrome extension do?
The Google Chrome Gmail extension:
- Adds a when your prospect opens your email
- Notifies you when they click on a link that goes to your website from the email
- Automatically assigns the prospect to you in ActiveConversion so you'll get notified whenever they return to your website in the future
How do I send an email with ActiveConversion's Gmail extension?
Once the extension is installed, you just click the checkbox beside the AC button before sending your email. That's all there is to it.
How do I track a link?
You need to use the "Insert Link" button found at the bottom of the Compose pane. If you want a link that's not tracked, just type out the link as text.
What if I want to send an email that isn't tracked in ActiveConversion?
Simply uncheck the box beside the AC icon. If your send button is blue, the email you send won't be tracked.
Where do I see the contact's opens and activity?
Contact & prospect activity information is stored in your ActiveConversion account under the prospect activity details, which are available on most screens in the ActiveConversion software.
Why is my link tracking not working?
Links can only be tracked if they go to a page that has ActiveConversion code on it. This means links will track if they point to your website, but not if they go directly to a PDF or someone else's website.
If you're looking to track opens for PDFs, read up on our proposal tracking feature.
What do I have to do to use the Gmail extension?
- Install the Google Chrome extension (instructions below)
- Compose an email in Gmail
- Add your prospect's email address in the "To" field
- Check the checkbox beside the ActiveConversion icon
- Send your email
- Your recipient opens the email
- ActiveConversion records the contact's name, email address, and the subject of the email they opened and starts tracking the recipient's activity
- You get automatic email notifications when they first open the email, and whenever they click a link in the email that goes to your website
How To Install
- Download the extension at https://www.activeconversion.com/activeconversion-extension.zip
- Open the activeconversion-extension.zip file you downloaded, and choose "Extract All". This will create a folder named "activeconversion-extension"
- Open Google Chrome and select "More Tools" > "Extensions" from the options menu
- Select "Extensions", check the checkbox beside "Developer Mode", and click the "Load unpacked extension..." button
- Browse to and select the activeconversion-extension folder and click "OK"
- Close all windows in Google Chrome
- Open Google Chrome again. It will popup asking you to disable developer mode extensions. Click "Cancel"
- The Gmail extension is now ready to use