A large part of figuring out which marketing campaigns work is based on being able to track the results of each campaign. The easiest way to do this is to set up marketing campaign tracker. ActiveConversion can track any campaign with a link - an email campaign, Pay Per Click, links from vendor sites, sponsored content in newsletters, and more.
To set up a campaign tracker:
- Log in to ActiveConversion
- Select Marketing > Campaigns from the menu
- Click the green "New Campaign" button to the top right of the screen
- Under "Name", add the internal name you'd like to use to track the campaign
- Under "Campaign Type", select the type of campaign that fits best - Pay per click, email, link, banner, or other.
- Under "Unique Campaign Identifier", enter a few letters or numbers to identify your campaign. This identifier will be visible to prospects.
- Click "Next" to complete the tracker setup
Using a campaign tracker
In order to use the marketing tracker, simply add the "?source=uniqueid" to the end of your campaign URL link.
For example, if you had a link from the Manufacturing News weekly newsletter to your site, you might have the tracker's Unique Campaign Identifier set up as "mnews". The link you send to the Manufacturing News team to link to your site would be https://www.yoursite.com/?source=mnews
ActiveConversion tracks each click from the campaign. Results are displayed in ActiveConversion under Marketing > Campaigns.
- The report shows clicks, average page views, and form fills on a per-campaign basis so you get a clear picture of the performance of each campaign
- As companies and individuals are identified by ActiveConversion, their contact information is added to a list you can access by clicking the person icon to the left of the campaign name
Using the campaigns tool, you get a complete picture of not only how many clicks your campaign generated, but also how well it converted and which leads were generated through the campaign. Leads can then be assigned to sales reps in ActiveConversion to help generate sales results.