The ActiveConversion Outlook add-in will track when your prospects opened your email. It will also notify you when they click on a URL link in your email to your website. The prospects are then automatically assigned to you in ActiveConversion so you will get notified whenever they return to your website in the future.
Here's a quick overview of how it works:
- You write an email in Outlook
- Add your prospect's email address in the 'to' field
- Send your email using the 'Send with AC' button
- The recipient opens the email
- ActiveConversion records the contact's name, email address, and the subject of the email they opened and starts tracking the recipient's activity
This is a great way to get more information about what existing clients or prospects are interested in, and increases the number of leads ActiveConversion will have contact information and personal data for.
Contact & prospect activity information is stored in your ActiveConversion account under the prospect activity details, which are available on most screens in the ActiveConversion software.
What if I want to send an email that isn't tracked in ActiveConversion?
Simply use the default Outlook "Send" button whenever you don’t the email to be tracked
- Download the plugin here: https://www.activeconversion.com/ac-outlook.msi
- Close Outlook if it is currently running
- Double-click on ac-outlook.exe to start the installation and follow the installation wizard
- Once you have successfully installed the add-in, you will see a "Send with ActiveConversion" button when you create a new email
Which versions of Outlook is this compatible with?
The Outlook Plugin for ActiveConversion works with Microsoft Outlook 2007, 2010, 2013, and 2016 on Windows. There is not a Mac-compatible plugin at this time.
How does it work?
Whenever you send an email with the ActiveConversion Outlook add-in, the following happens:
- An image pixel is added to the email to track email opens (not viewable to recipients)
- Links in your email are automatically encoded so recipient information from your address book is sent to ActiveConversion when they click through on links in the email